For any company that wishes to use maritime transport as a mode of distributing goods, choosing a port is an important strategic decision. The port’s location, the quality of its facilities, its warehousing options, versatility, and the know-how of its workforce are but a few of the criteria one should consider when making this critical decision.
Valport Maritime Services has been handling stevedoring activities at the Port of Valleyfield since 1994. The company’s identity centres around three core values:
- Make full use of natural advantages;
- Offer services of high added value;
- Count on a qualified and dedicated team of workers.
Valport is the perfect partner for your next maritime transport project!
First off, Valport offers one of the best price/quality ratios in the maritime industry. With energy costs constantly on the rise, managing transportation costs poses a huge challenge for the entire industry. Faced with this constraint in their everyday realities, executives are forced to come up with low-cost investment strategies for their warehousing and distribution needs. Doing business with Valport gives you the best of both worlds—all of the advantages of a larger port, but at a lower cost.
Valport has built a solid reputation as a result of its extensive versatility and ability to offer services of the highest added value. For several years, Valport has set itself apart by serving Quebec and Canada’s Far North and supplying Inuit communities, as well as through its customized turnkey projects.
Valport offers many other services including:
- Digital manifesting and merchandise handling system;
- Laydown areas;
- Cargo marshalling and consolidation;
- Reception and inspection for land, railway and maritime transport;
- Rigging and assembly;
- Container stuffing, sales and rental;
- Handling and preparation of steel parts;
- Handling and warehousing of dry bulk;
- Certifications: Transport Canada (International Ship and Port Security or ISPS Code) and the Quebec Pallet and Container Manufacturers’ Association (Canadian Wood Packaging Certification Program).
To reach Valport:
950 Gérard-Cadieux Boulevard, Suite 500
Salaberry-de-Valleyfield (Québec) J6T 6L4
Telephone: 450 377-6686
Fax: 450 377-2521
Toll free: 1 877 375-6686